TURMERIC GOLDEN MILK LATTE RECIPE · VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE
Hi guys! In the morning I usually have warm water with lemon, well before I go to bed, I love to have warm turmeric golden milk. Turmeric calms and soothes inflammation and also it is very detoxifying for the liver and gallbladder among other properties, that´s why I love to have it at the end of the day as it feels like drinking an elixir.
I like to have it a bit warm, as it feels really nice to me, it is like a light dessert, it is not too sweet just perfect.
WHAT IS THE BEST TURMERIC?
To find great turmeric, it should be 100% raw, certified organic with no additives, Non-GMO and also Gluten-Free.
This is the best-ratted turmeric, you can find it on Amazon just by clicking in the image below.
TURMERIC LATTE HEALTH BENEFITS
- Golden milk is rich in antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage, fight off disease and infections and contribute to your overall health.
- Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon, the main ingredients in golden milk, have strong anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce inflammation and joint pain.
- Some ingredients in golden milk may help preserve memory and reduce the decline in brain function from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
- Curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric, may help reduce symptoms of depression. However, more research is needed.
- Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon — the main ingredients in golden milk — all have properties that may benefit heart function and protect against heart disease. Still, more studies are needed to confirm these effects.
- Cinnamon and ginger, two main ingredients in golden milk, may lower blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity. However, more research is needed.
- Studies indicate that cinnamon, ginger and turmeric may offer some protection against cancer. However, results are conflicting and additional research is needed.
- The ingredients used to make golden milk have antibacterial and antiviral properties which may protect your body from infections. Their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties may strengthen your immune system as well.
- Ginger and turmeric, two ingredients in golden milk, may help relieve indigestion. Turmeric may also help relieve symptoms in people with ulcerative colitis.
- Golden milk can be rich in calcium and vitamin D depending on the milk you use. Both of these nutrients contribute to a strong skeleton, reducing your risk of bone diseases, such as osteopenia and osteoporosis.
TURMERIC LATTE BEFORE BED
For me, it feels great to have warm turmeric golden milk after dinner, around 2 hours before going to bed, it helps me when I am craving something sweet and this warm drink just relax me, it feels great.
I couldn´t find any proven study about this, but I can feel that helps me to relax and to sleep much better.
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 turmeric roots
1/2 vanilla pod
2 tbsp agave syrup – optional, it is healthier without sweetener
2 cups almond milk
a pinch of cinnamon powder
a pinch of black ground pepper – It is really important to add the pepper as it helps the body to absorb the turmeric.
total time: 5 minutes
serving size: 2 serves
Just put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency, then heat it before starts to boil.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE
You will enjoy this recipe too!
Please let me know if you liked it! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thewhitechestnut